Packed with expert advice, timesaving tips, and more than 150 step-by-step tutorials, this book is a must for anyone who wants to master this complex, expensive software package
- Offers full coverage of new software features and enhancements and shows users how to master everything from the Particle Flow interface and architectural objects and materials to Shockwave 3D Export and VertexPaint features
- The companion CD-ROMs include a demo version of the new 3ds max, tutorial files, 3D models, bonus plug-ins, and more
- 3ds max is used to create approximately eighty percent of the top video games-including Grand Theft Auto 3-and is extensively employed for special effects in movies such as The Matrix Reloaded
If 3ds max 7 can do it, you can do it too ...
"Max" is a powerhouse of impressive features, and whether you're a seasoned pro or just starting out, you'll find version 7 exciting, challenging, and a lot of fun. This book is packed with everything you need to create professional-quality animations with Max. It covers every feature, with special emphasis on features new to this version. Best of all, it teaches you to use this versatile software in a context designed to spark your creativity, with full color examples of 3ds max creations that will inspire you.
Inside, you'll find complete coverage of 3ds max 7
- Use the special Quick Start tutorial chapter to create your first 3D animation project right away
- Explore new modeling features, including the Edit Poly modifier and new Skin Wrap and Skin Morph modifiers
- Add details to low-polygon models with Max's new normal mapping feature
- Discover how the new Deformation Paintbrush features can push and pull mesh objects to add smooth details
- Animate characters and crowds with the integrated Character Studio features
- Learn from tutorials that teach you key concepts in ten steps or less and provide figure examples to study and compare